Thursday, August 4, 2011

Interview with Phil Bryant

Mississippi Lieutenant Governor Phil Bryant talked about being a Christian in politics.


First off, we had an election on Tuesday. It's amazing to me how many Christians don't vote. How important is it for the salt and light of the world to vote?
It's critical, Matt.

The forces of darkness are constantly working in this field.

I just cannot imagine that there are not enough good Christians in New York to speak to their legislature if they had done so with unity.

We have a wonderful initiative and referendum on abortion...we call it the Personhood initiative.

If we cannot get Christians to vote, we may lose this initiative.
A lot of people tell you to shut up about abortion. Consistently you're taking these social conservative views that make no sense.
I have to. I've made some arrangements and agreements.

One of my promises to the Lord when I got in the political arena was that I would stop abortion in Mississippi.

And I think this is a great way to do it.

Just like Governor Perry...I talked to Governor Perry the other day. He's another who will stand up.

I think we have to step out. Now the pioneers catch the arrows.

The secular world, the liberals are going to fire at you with everything they've got.

We're going to keep pushing for everything I believe in.
We interviewed Governor Perry yesterday. He is calling for the Response in prayer. Would there be things like that you would do?
Oh absolutely.

You have to carry your faith into the public arena. And people will shriek about that.

We were able to opt out of the Obama healthcare bill, that portion that would have funded federal-funded abortions in Mississippi.

We appointed a Senate chaplain, the first time that anybody can ever remember.

Those are the things that you do, that you step forward and in faith say I'm going to make this decision.

I'm so encouraged that I talked to Governor Perry yesterday, and he's got God in his heart.

We really believe in the power of prayer, that's why we're asking this to happen.

The Air Force has just suspended a course that has been taught for 20 years about the Just War theory. What's your response?

It's just heartbreaking.

I hear people a lot of times say don't fight, don't angry...that's the only way we're going to win.

There will be casualties. There will be some of us who don't make it all the way.
Rick Perry has been very successful in creating jobs. What are they doing, and what do other states need to do?
One of the things they did was pass a law that says the English rule or loser pays.

Texas said no more of that. If you sue me for a frivolous lawsuit, the guy that loses has to pay everyone's legal fees.

Forty-seven percent of all jobs in America are created in Texas.

I think you're going to see Mississippi and Texas perhaps as a mirror image.

No comments:

Post a Comment