Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Brain Trust - Warren Smith

Warren Smith, Associate Editor of World Magazine and member of the Matt Friedeman Show Brain Trust, on Terrorists, Presidential hopefuls, and Republicans.

The AP is calling for the release of the Bin Laden death photos, Yes or no?
I'm usually in favor of transparent government.

If the government has a document, I think we should be able to see it - I have that vein in me.
This particular situation is...unusual in that if this photo is released it will undoubtedly incite Muslims around the world.
The end of Al Qaeda?
Well, the death of Osama Bin Laden, no question about it, is important. I think it sends a strong message to bad guys around the world.

On the other hand...it was also a signal that no matter how long itakes, the United States will get the bad guy.

Willl it be the end of terrorism? I don't think so.

Will it be the end of Al Qaeda? I don't think so.

The Al Qaeda cells around the world are pretty self sufficient and even self funded.

So they will probably remain active. But the thing we're learning in the last few days...is that Osama Bin Laden did exercise a serious amount of control.

And that coordination will go down.
Mitch Daniels is considering a presidential bid. Will he run?
I think Mitch Daniels is very seriously considering running.

I know that becaue I spoke to him personally and he said that.

He's got some concerns. He understands the impact it has on his family. But yeah, I think Mitch Daniels is seriously considering, and I think he would have a good chance at winning the Republican nomination.

Here's the bottom line. The bottom line is the bottom line...Barack Obama will raise $1 billion.

A lot of Republicans are wondering, "Why get in the fight?...I can wait around for four years."
John Boehner says GOP is talking about trillions, not billions, in cuts. Is this anything more than talk?
Boehner is talking a good game, but politics is the art of the possible, not the art of what you want to get on any given day.

Boehner remembers what happened during 1995-1996 (Gingrich/Clinton fiasco).

He's one of these guys afraid of shutting down the government, whereas a lot of these young Teaparty guys weren't there. They feel like this situation is different.

I think that the real interesting political battle is going to be no necessarily between the Republicans and the Democrats, but between Republicans and Republicans to see who will win the heart and soul of Republican voters.

No comments:

Post a Comment