Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Brain Trust - Kevin McCullough

Huckabee is out. What happens now?
It's interesting you ask, Matt, because I've done a lot of coverage on this lately.
He had the kind of character I wanted to see exhibited in the next person we picked as the lead er of the free world. I think that job should be done by someone who is a trustworthy, honest, decent human being.
Every time I have spent time with him, he treated whoever we were with as the most important person in the world. There was no one beneath or above him.
It was a tough blow to me when he dropped out, because I want to see that godly character in office. He has a lot of influence with people who do believe in lower taxes and a smaller government.
He is going to be a influential character in this election, even though he's not a candidate.

Are there bad feelings between Mike Huckabee and Mitt Romney?

Huckabee was asked about that on FOX on Sunday. He made very sure to say that Mitt was the first to call and wish him well after he dropped out.
 I don't think there was personal animosity.
I think the operatives int he two campaigns were very much at odds. It think his camp is the problem.
I've interviewed Gov. Romney multiple times. I've found him to be an immensely likable guy.
It's gonna be a steep climb for him now, though, since he wrote the legislation that Obamacare was modeled after.

It's been said that It's down to three guys: Obama, Mitch Daniels, and Tim Pawlenty.
I don't agree with that. I think it's much too early to say it's a three-man race.

No comments:

Post a Comment