Thursday, January 5, 2012

Brain Trust - Phil Bryant

Mississippi Governor-Elect Phil Bryant came on The Matt Friedeman Show to talk about his anticipations for the office of Governor. Below are the "CliffsNotes" of his segment.

What issues are you trying to be a change agent in during your gubernatorial term?
I would say teen pregnancy and abortion. I have long said that my goal is to end abortion in Mississippi. I still have reporters ask me if I think we can do that. I do.

As Governor, it's very easy to get away from those kinds of issues.
What will we see in the legislature as far as pro-life bills?
I think you're going to see some bills that are introduced very quickly in this early session. 
You will see legislation introduced by the house of Representatives that will work towards that end.

I think you'll see a version of the Personhood Amendment. It may try to clarify some of the difficulties people had with it. 
I think you'll see legislation introduced that will simply identify that child as a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment